A Review Journal:
Reviews are sorted by genre, rating, etc.
You can find these tags at the bottom of the page.
My Profile . My Writing Journal

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Song Review: "Open Up" by Editors (2007)

Open Up by Editors is a breathtakingly haunting and lovely song about opening up to love. This song is both a reminder and a cautioning that reluctance preys on the heart and you can feel afraid, because everyone feels that.  But as the song says -
"you have a place in my heart."

There is something like hurt/comfort in this song, something healing and warming. Tom Smith's vocals in this are deep and sincere. It welcomes you, saying "you are home," like an anthem to keep like a prayer in your mind. When I feel alone, or homesick, or sad, this song reminds me I am loved. It is simply beautiful.

The band (brief overview):
They are a British indie rock band (formed in 2002) from Birmingham. Editors have had two platinum records and sold out tours. They have released three albums so far. This song is a bonus track from their second album "An End Has a Start" that was released in 2007. The album received relatively positive reviews, receiving a metacritic score of 65/100 based on 24 reviews. I know many of you may have heard this song (it's been out for a number of years!) but I just recently started to listen to Editors due to a recommendation from a friend. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editors)
- L E E N A



Rating: 5/5
Editors: Tom Smith,
Chris Urbanowicz,
Russell Leetch, and Ed Lay

No comments:

Post a Comment